Written by on April 26, 2022

Four children, including two siblings, were electrocuted in Oke Aigo area in Ile-Oluji/Okeigbo council area of Ondo State after a newly installed 11kv power line fell on the container where they were playing.

Newsmen gathered that the container was used as a shop by the parents of one of the victims.

The two siblings, it was gathered, went to visit the owner of the container, who is their aunt.

Eyewitness account said the children were playing inside the container turned shop when the power line cable fell on it.

Speaking on the incident, the senator representing Ondo South, Nicholas Tofowomo, said he would ensure that the parents of the victims get justice if the BEDC were found culpable in the tragedy.

The state police image maker, Funmi Odunlami, confirmed the death of the victims and described it as unfortunate.

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Current track