Reprisal attack: Police debunk killing of 6 in Ondo
Written by on June 9, 2022
Police in Ondo State has debunked rumour of six persons being shot dead at the Sabo Area of Ondo town of the state on Wednesday night by gunmen.
SP Funmilayo Odunlami, command’s spokesperson, made this clarification in a statement signed and tagged: “Attack on Hausa Community; An Unhealthy Rumour To Stir Still Water.”
The PPRO said the attention of Ondo State Police Command had been drawn to a fake news being peddled by mischief makers to cause panic, tension and strife in the state.
Odunlami said the Command wished to state clearly that there was no reprisal attack on Hausa Community at Sabo area in Ondo town or any part of the state.