Defence Headquarters Calls For Calm Over Terror Alert
Written by City Radio on November 3, 2022
The Defence Headquarters says there is no cause for alarm over recent security advisories by the United States and the United Kingdom.
The Director Of Defence Media Operations, Major General Musa Danmadami and the Director Of Defence Media Information, Major General Jimmy Akpor both gave the assurance at the bi-weekly media briefing in Abuja on Thursday.
At the briefing, the Army reported that over 40 terrorists were neutralised by military troops and a total of 145 other terrorists have surrendered in the last two weeks.
The US and Britain had last week warned of possible terror attacks in Abuja, especially at government buildings, places of worship, schools and other centres where large crowds gather.
The US further urged its citizens and Embassy staff in Nigeria’s political capital to leave but the Department of States Services urged residents of Abuja and Nigerians in general to remain calm, saying security agencies are right on top of the situation.
However, the Nigerian Government said it won’t be stampeded by the terror advisories, insisting that Nigeria is safer than it was in May 2015 when President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office.