Fire Outbreak Recorded In Section Of National Assembly

Written by on August 12, 2022

A section of the National Assembly was engulfed in fire on Thursday.

According to a statement signed by spokesperson of the parliament building, Agada Rawlings Emmanuel, the fire was trigged by an electrical fault.

He noted that There was a fire incident in the evening in one of the Jenitors, located on the 2nd floor, Room 227 in the new-wing, of the House of Representatives, suspected to have resulted from an electrical fault which was noticed by one of the Staff to the Clerk, House of Representatives, who promptly alerted the Federal Fire Service Unit stationed in the National Assembly Complex,” the statement said.

However, the fire have be put out with assistance of staff on duty who immiediately broke into the affected office and effectively deployed Stationed fire extinguishers on the floor before the arrival of the fire service officer.

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Current track